Policy Advisor – 6 Month Fixed-Term Contract – Wellington - JA4950
An exciting opportunity for a policy advisor has arisen to join a small policy team with growing independent organisation in Wellington.
Ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of 2 years policy experience, strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to engage with a variety of cross-sector stakeholders. An understanding of the machinery of government and a background or knowledge of the tourism or similar industries would also be beneficial.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Ideally over 2 years policy experience
- Excellent writing skills (including the ability to write submissions)
- Policy development and analysis experience
- Research, data and trend analysis
- Machinery of government
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong commercial acumen
- Background in Tourism or a similar industry would be ideal but not essential
- Ability to hit the ground running
This is a fantastic opportunity for an advisor looking to expand their policy skills set and experience in a growing industry sector that contributes significantly to the NZ economy and engages with a variety of public sector agencies and private sector organisations. The individual will have the chance to work across a variety of policy projects with cross-sector engagement being a big part of the role. Our client offers a flexible and supportive working environment with a great team culture.
As New Zealand’s only specialist public sector recruitment firm, The Johnson Group represents a wide range of clients from social to regulatory to economic sectors. We are always keen to meet candidates, talk about their career aspirations, share market insights and see how we can assist in their next career move!
If you are interested and match some or all of the above then we’d love to hear from you. Please send an updated CV to email@example.com quoting job reference JA4950 and we’ll be in touch.